Posted: 2:14 pm Tuesday, February 5th, 2008
By Post Staff
We’ve got a ton of pre-signing day news and commentary to discuss, but first Post staff writer Andrew Abramson checks in with some news on American Heritage quarterback Justin Feagin, who two months ago led the Stallions to the Class 1A state title.
- American Heritage quarterback Justin Feagin is going to commit to Michigan, according to Stallions coach Willie Bueno.
– Bueno said that Feagin has been recruited by the Wolverines to play quarterback, though the Wolverines still are in the running for several top national recruits, including Terrelle Pryor from Pennsylvania.
Feagin chose Michigan over Syracuse and Rutgers. Earlier in the process, he had been in discussions with then-West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez, who now is the head coach at Michigan.”
Correspondent Chuck King also chimes in with some news from South County:
- Park Vista free safety Jake Owen likely won’t sign with the Air Force Academy tomorrow, according to PV coach Brian Dodds, and is still weighing other options.
- West Boca coach Willie Dodaro said Tuesday that TE Nathan Nord (Louisville), LB Mike Ross (Army), LB Joe Trebitz (Pittsburgh) and WR Marquell Bernard (Robert Morris) are all firm in their committments and expect to sign tomorrow.
- St. Andrew’s will have two athletes playing Division III ball next year: Chase Radice (Bates, Maine) and Nicko Nagel (Dickinson, Pa.).
Check back in tonight for a full preview of Wednesday’s National Signing Day and insider information from scout.com national manager Jamie Newberg.