Posted: 1:28 pm Wednesday, February 6th, 2008
By Post Staff
What’s going on across the nation . . .
- The Canes nabbed another top recruit Wednesday afternoon by signing Miami-Booker T. Washington cornerback Brandon Harris, a five-star recruit who had been considering Florida, Ohio State and LSU, among others. Add Harris to the four Miami-Northwestern recruits the Canes signed this morning, including receiver Tommy Streeter, and it’s turning into an excellent day for Randy Shannon and Canes fans.
- The Gators have lost a couple top recruits today, but four-star receiver T.J. Lawrence chose UF today over Michigan and South Carolina.
- FSU missed out on receiver Julio Jones and DB T.J. Bryant, two top recruits that would’ve given the Noles a top three or four recruiting class.
- California running back Darrell Scott, considered by many as the top RB prospect in the country, chose Colorado over Texas.
- Despite heavy criticism for leaving the Atlanta Falcons in the middle of the 2007 season, new Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino has done a nice job on recruiting, stealing WR Joe Adams from USC and Brian Christopher from Texas Tech.
- Wacky day for USC. They scored big when they nabbed Tallahassee DB T.J. Bryant away from FSU and DE Nick Perry from Michigan, but aren’t used to having guys like Joe Adams stolen away.
- Clemson is dominating today, signing top recruits TE Dwayne Allen, OT Antoine McClain, and RB Jamie Harper, one of the best running backs in the south.
- Alabama and Notre Dame appear to be the consensus No. 1 and No. 2 recruiting classes thus far, with Miami close behind and FSU and Florida possibly falling out of the top 10.