Posted: 12:30 pm Monday, September 23rd, 2013
By Anthony Chiang
There’s a new look to this week’s Post Top 10. Boca Raton fell from the No. 1 spot after losing four matches last week, and Wellington and Jupiter moved ahead of the Bobcats.
Here’s the full version of the Post’s Top 10 entering Week 5:
1. Wellington (13-0): The Wolverines are still undefeated, moving into the No. 1 spot for the first time this season.
2. Jupiter (9-2): It was a great week for the Warriors, beating Park Vista and nationally ranked Boca Raton.
3. Boca Raton (8-4): The Bobcats entered last week undefeated and nationally ranked, but four losses drops them in the rankings.
4. Royal Palm Beach (9-2): The Wildcats posted a 5-2 week, keeping them at No. 4.
5. Benjamin (7-0): Another 2-0 week for Benjamin, as the Buccaneers have not lost a set since Aug. 27.
6. Park Vista (8-3): Can’t fault the Cobras for losing to a hot Jupiter team last week.
7. Seminole Ridge (7-1): The Hawks make their debut in the rankings after a solid start to the season.
8. Dwyer (6-5): An undefeated district record has the Panthers at No. 8 this week.
9. Lake Worth Christian (5-3): The Defenders have some things to work on, but a win over Fort Lauderdale Westminster Academy keeps them in the top 10.
10. King’s Academy (6-3): The Lions fall to No. 10 after a winless week.
The best of the Treasure Coast:
1. Jensen Beach (9-3): A 2-1 week has the Falcons at the top.
2. Martin County (9-5): A poor showing in the Berkeley Premier tournament helped drop Martin County in the rankings.
About the Author
Anthony Chiang began his writing career in Gainesville at the University of Florida’s student-run newspaper. At The Independent Florida Alligator, he covered the school’s golf, volleyball, baseball, and football teams. The Miami native has also written for the Sun Sentinel and MLB.com, following the Tampa Bay Rays.