Posted: 4:13 pm Monday, October 14th, 2013
By Anthony Chiang
The start of district tournament play is just one week away and teams are preparing for the postseason. It should be an interesting end to the year, as there are some good matchups scheduled for the final week of the regular season.
Here’s the full version of the Post’s Top 10 entering Week 8:
1. Wellington (23-0): If the Wolverines win both of their matches this week, they will finish the regular season with a perfect 25-0 record.
2. Jupiter (18-2): Another good week for Jupiter, as the Warriors dropped just one set in the Bolles High School Invitational to win the tournament.
3. Boca Raton (17-6): The Bobcats are ending the regular season on a high note, winning the 47-team Swing for a Cure tournament.
4. Atlantic (14-4): The Eagles have been impressive this year.
5. Lake Worth Christian (12-5): The Defenders have won five of their past six matches.
6. Dwyer (11-7): The Panthers have an undefeated district record.
7. Park Vista (16-6): Can’t fault the Cobras too much for losing to Boca Raton and Martin County last week.
8. Seminole Ridge (15-7): It was a good week for the Hawks, winning the Boca Bash tournament over the weekend.
9. Royal Palm Beach (12-8): The Wildcats fell to Wellington and Dwyer in straight sets last week.
10. Benjamin (12-2): After a 11-0 start to the season, the Buccaneers lost their first two matches of the season.
The best of the Treasure Coast:
1. Jensen Beach (17-6): The Falcons posted a mediocre 4-3 record last week.
2. Martin County (14-10): The Tigers fell to Jensen Beach in the Swing for a Cure tournament last week.
About the Author
Anthony Chiang began his writing career in Gainesville at the University of Florida’s student-run newspaper. At The Independent Florida Alligator, he covered the school’s golf, volleyball, baseball, and football teams. The Miami native has also written for the Sun Sentinel and MLB.com, following the Tampa Bay Rays.