Posted: 2:24 pm Monday, January 13th, 2014
By Jodie Wagner
Suncoast closed out a rain-shortened week with a big win against Dwyer on Saturday. The Chargers handed the Panthers their second loss of the season, winning 56-45 in an upset.
Lake Worth Christian, meanwhile, continues to roll while Palm Beach Lakes, Park Vista and Grandview Prep all won multiple games last week.
Our picks for the week:
Here’s the new Post Top 10:
1. Suncoast (14-2): Knocked off No. 1 Dwyer Saturday
2. Dwyer (14-2): Loss to Suncoast drops Panthers to No. 2
3. Lake Worth Christian (15-2): Defenders continue to roll
4. Palm Beach Lakes (12-4): Rams reach double digits in wins
5. Grandview Prep (12-4): Two wins last week for the Pride
6. Spanish River (13-3): Upset by No. 10 John I. Leonard on Tuesday.
7. Cardinal Newman (11-2): Crusaders fall by 1 to Forest Hill
8. Oxbridge Academy (11-3): Lost in OT to Coral Springs Christian
9. Park Vista (11-6): Wins against Santaluces, Boynton Beach
10. John I. Leonard (9-5): Big win last week against No. 6 Spanish River
Games of the Week
Boca Raton Christian (15-2) at Grandview Prep (12-4), Monday at 7:30 p.m.: This is an important district game for both the Pride and the Blazers. Boca Raton Christian has the county’s fourth-leading scorer in Collin Gray, who is averaging 21.1 points per game.
Lake Worth (11-4) at Dwyer (14-2), Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.: The Panthers dropped their second game of the season Saturday, 56-45 to No. 1 Suncoast, but continue to score plenty. The Trojans have put together a nice season and could challenge district rival Dwyer on its home court. Alex Davis and Bakari Warthen have been efficient scorers for the Panthers this season, while Aaron Horne has led Lake Worth with 19.6 points per game.
Park Vista (11-6) at John I. Leonard (9-5), Friday at 7:30 p.m.: This is a key district game for both teams. The Lancers upset No. 6 Spanish River on Tuesday, a win that helped push the team into the Top 10. John I. Leonard has a pair of double-digit scorers in Mario Saunders (19.4 ppg) and Ramon Birch (18.2 ppg). The Cobras, paced by leading scorer Keith Dow (14.4 ppg), went 2-0 last week.