Posted: 11:13 am Monday, April 14th, 2014
By Jodie Wagner
The 2014 regular season is over, and district competition has begun for dozens of area teams. Our final top 10 of the season looks slightly different than last week’s, with Dwyer and West Boca switching spots at Nos. 7 and 8, respectively.
Jupiter maintained its hold on the No. 1 spot, which it has held for much of the season. Wellington, Park Vista, Palm Beach Gardens and Trinity Christian are second, third, fourth and fifth, respectively.
This week’s district tournaments feature a handful of intriguing matchups, with the two Class 8A districts expected to be extremely competitive. District 10-8A features top 10-ranked Park Vista and Spanish River, while District 9-8A includes ranked Jupiter, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens and Palm Beach Central. A fifth team, Seminole Ridge, is capable of upsetting any of those teams. District 13-7A includes ranked Dwyer and West Boca plus tough Royal Palm Beach and Forest Hill teams.
Trinity Christian and Boca Christian will be favored in their districts. The Warriors (15-2) have rolled through district competition this season, while the Blazers finished the regular season at a strong 16-4.
Read our district tournament preview for seedings and schedules.
Here is a look at our top 10 this week:
- Jupiter (21-3): Warriors close at No. 1
- Wellington (20-4): Big week for Wolverines
- Park Vista (17-8): Cobras drop two
- Palm Beach Gardens (18-6): Gators finish strong
- Trinity Christian (15-2): Warriors unbeaten in district
- Spanish River (13-5): Sharks ready for post-season
- West Boca Raton (15-4): Bulls top seed in district
- Dwyer (16-8): Tough week for Panthers
- Boca Raton Christian (16-4): Offense powering Blazers
- Palm Beach Central (17-8): Broncos close fast