- 3:17 pm Saturday, January 5th, 2013 by Matt Porter
No Palm Beach County team brought home a championship in 2012, but there were plenty of individual players who excelled. [More]
- 12:03 pm Saturday, January 5th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Class 8A football in Palm Beach County was pretty strong this year, so it’s no surprise the area has a healthy representation on the All-State teams. [More]
- 12:01 pm Saturday, January 5th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Such a thing is clearly subjective and hard to quantify, but Dwyer’s Mark Kelly was possibly the meanest defensive lineman in the area last year. He racked up a team-high 33 tackles for loss and 24 sacks, impressing his coaches in every Saturday morning film session. [More]
- 11:53 am Friday, January 4th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Glades Central is in a rebuilding stretch, so no one expected a half-dozen Raiders to make the All-State team like the old days.
There was one name that was guaranteed to be on there, though. [More]
- 10:26 am Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 by Matt Porter
American Heritage was possibly the area’s most talented team last season. It had a dominant defense, one of the best running backs in the nation, a top-flight athlete playing quarterback and a near-automatic kicker.
That’s how the rest of the state saw it, too. Heritage had eight players on the Class 3A and 4A All-State teams, released Thursday. [More]
- 12:04 pm Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 by Matt Porter
Kelvin Taylor has won every Florida high school football accolade imaginable.
State rushing record? Check. State titles? Two of them. All-State selections? Four, and it should be five. [More]
- 9:22 am Monday, February 15th, 2010 by Jason Lieser
The area has seven players, including two offensive lineman, chosen for the Class 6A all-state team.