- 4:03 pm Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Every year, the Lou Groza Award is presented to the college kicker of the year. The highlight of the night for local fans is the high school awards ceremony for outstanding Palm Beach County player, kicker, coach and team of the year. [More]
- 7:46 pm Monday, November 5th, 2012 by Matt Porter
The Post is convinced of Atlantic’s legitimacy, but the apparently state preps writers need to see more. [More]
- 7:25 pm Monday, November 5th, 2012 by Matt Porter
We felt pretty confident in last week’s area top 10. Nothing’s changed this week, not our confidence, and certainly not the rankings. Let’s take a look: [More]
- 5:43 pm Friday, November 2nd, 2012 by Matt Porter
“Welcome to another edition of The Walkthrough, I’m Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post here alongside colleague Jeff Greer and ESPN 760 high school beat reporter Wells Dusenbury…” [More]
- 6:50 pm Thursday, November 1st, 2012 by Matt Porter
The elusive Honey Badger has been spotted in Delray Beach.
Tyrann Mathieu, the embattled former LSU cornerback and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist, stopped by Atlantic High on Thursday to talk to the school’s football team.
Mathieu, 20, was dismissed from LSU in August after failing multiple drug tests. He returned to school as a student, but was arrested Oct. 25 on charges of marijuana possession.
According to those close to him, Mathieu escaped to South Florida to decide his future. He is staying in Broward County with the family of Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, his former LSU teammate, and training locally as [More]
- 8:36 pm Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Not much different in this week’s statewide football poll, though a few local teams are picking up some steam.
- 3:09 pm Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Howard Cosell would’ve been proud of us last night: Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast put on an unusual show of Monday night football, and the day’s significance in the area playoff races will not soon be forgotten.
- 4:14 pm Thursday, October 25th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Atlantic’s creative uniforms have created a monster.
- 3:30 pm Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 by Matt Porter
This story was updated at 5:24 p.m. Friday
Hurricane Sandy quickly became a threat to Palm Beach County on Wednesday, and it wasted no time causing chaos in a busy week of high school sports.
- 11:25 pm Monday, October 22nd, 2012 by Matt Porter
The Eagles have landed — in the statewide poll. [More]