- 2:16 pm Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 by Matt Porter
It’s mid-March and we’re starting to see teams put it together. Three have separated from the pack, and a fourth is heading with them. The final six spots in the rankings are in a constant state of flux. Here’s how the area shakes out: [More]
- 12:02 am Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Though we have a week of real games to view as evidence, we’re still not totally convinced every team in our rankings will remain in the top 10 for the duration of the season. There’s a handful of candidates who are ready to pounce if one of the ranked teams continues – or begins – to slide. [More]
- 9:02 pm Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 by Matt Porter
PALM BEACH GARDENS — A large group of baseball professionals – one jokingly referred to it as “enough for a cocktail party” – crowded behind the backstop at Benjamin on Wednesday afternoon. [More]
- 6:00 pm Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Yulie Lopez was far and away the best player in Palm Beach County this season, but the rest of the state didn’t overlook her talent. [More]
- 6:00 pm Monday, February 4th, 2013 by Matt Porter
The Southeastern Football Conference, the independent coalition of small, mostly-private schools, added two new members on Monday. Fort Lauderdale-Calvary Christian and Pompano Beach High will join this fall, in the league’s second year of play. [More]
- 5:32 pm Thursday, January 31st, 2013 by Matt Porter
Two Palm Beach County girls soccer teams still have a shot at the state finals in Melbourne. Here’s a quick look at Friday’s Class 5A and 2A state semifinals involving Palm Beach Central and Benjamin, respectively: [More]
- 3:08 pm Saturday, November 10th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Matt Dillon wanted to do something special to cap off the inaugural season of the Southeastern Football Conference.
- 3:30 pm Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 by Matt Porter
This story was updated at 5:24 p.m. Friday
Hurricane Sandy quickly became a threat to Palm Beach County on Wednesday, and it wasted no time causing chaos in a busy week of high school sports.
- 10:28 am Sunday, October 21st, 2012 by Matt Porter
While most of Florida’s high school football teams are still angling for postseason position, the Southeastern Football Conference will participate in its inaugural playoffs.