- 7:07 am Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Atlantic High players are familiar with Tavarius “T.J.” Jackson. He’s young (32), easygoing and has worked with many of them at two athletics-focused organizations in Delray Beach.
Now they’ll know him as their new head coach. [More]
- 4:03 pm Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Every year, the Lou Groza Award is presented to the college kicker of the year. The highlight of the night for local fans is the high school awards ceremony for outstanding Palm Beach County player, kicker, coach and team of the year. [More]
- 2:40 am Friday, October 19th, 2012 by Matt Porter
I’ve seen somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 high school football games since joining The Post in 2009. There have been some great ones. I can’t remember one quite like the one that happened on Thursday, when Atlantic pulled off a 28-12 upset of No. 2 Dwyer. [More]
- 2:08 pm Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 by Matt Porter
Three seasons ago, Boca Raton Christian football was in danger of going under. One of the smallest programs in Florida, the Blazers had 16 players on their roster. A rash of early-season injuries dropped numbers so low they had to postpone and cancel several games.
- 7:39 pm Monday, August 6th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
He started all 10 games for Atlantic last year and finished fourth in the area in passing, but quarterback AJ Puente left the Eagles today for Boca Christian.
- 2:54 pm Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Atlantic, the top seed in the District 23 flag football tournament, has forfeited its spot in the playoffs due to “an oversight” on the part of head coach Chris Bean. [More]
- 8:37 pm Thursday, January 26th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Two weeks ago, FAU had a recruiting class that boasted five Palm Beach County players. It’s now down to two, and several local recruits and their coaches are bitter. [More]
- 12:17 am Saturday, October 22nd, 2011 by Matt Porter
Dwyer–Atlantic, Oct. 21, 2011: a game that was light on points and heavy on playoff meaning. Here’s a few rapid-fire offerings from Delray Beach … [More]
- 2:38 am Saturday, September 10th, 2011 by Jeff Greer
UPDATED Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
BOCA RATON — It was supposed to be an early night for Atlantic and Boca Raton fans.