- 12:39 pm Friday, May 20th, 2011 by Matt Porter
Note: Welcome to the PBGametime 2011 Spring Football Tour. During our three-week tour, we visit area teams, meet some of the top players and answer the most pressing questions. Today’s stop is Atlantic, where the Eagles look to build on last year’s playoff appearance. [More]
- 10:35 pm Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 by Matt Porter
From David Clowney to Brandon Flowers to Jayron Hosley to Mark Leal, Virginia Tech has had recent success in picking former Atlantic standouts. [More]
- 4:32 pm Friday, November 19th, 2010 by Matt Porter
Atlantic coach Chris Bean said he’s sitting out a senior for tonight’s Class 6A regional quarterfinal game against Treasure Coast. [More]
- 2:09 pm Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 by Matt Porter
Next up in our playoff preview series: An inconsistent-but-talented Atlantic squad travels to Treasure Coast, which has shown the ability to make teams pay for their mistakes. [More]
- 6:47 pm Monday, November 15th, 2010 by Matt Porter
In advance of Friday’s first-round playoff game against Treasure Coast, Atlantic head football coach Chris Bean said he may dismiss “two or three” prominent players from his team because of reoccurring conduct issues. [More]
- 5:10 pm Sunday, August 29th, 2010 by Matt Porter
The Eagles are trying to turn the page, but right now, it’s the same old story. [More]
- 10:54 am Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 by Jeff Greer
Coaching changes almost always end up causing one of two results. The move could present a team with a completely new outlook and mindset, or it could hardly change anything other than who is calling the shots.
- 8:40 am Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 by Jason Lieser
Seems to be a connection here.
Atlantic athletic director Kevin Logan said Tuesday that Chris Bean is the Eagles’ interim football coach. It is unclear how long Bean will fill that role, but the fact that Atlantic has hired a new basketball coach to replace him points toward Bean taking over the football program long term.
- 4:43 pm Monday, March 15th, 2010 by Jason Lieser
Andre Thaddies will not return as Atlantic’s football coach, athletic director Kevin Logan said.
- 1:10 pm Saturday, January 16th, 2010 by Jason Lieser
There was a lot of talking during Atlantic’s 91-81 win over Jupiter on Friday, and neither head coach was thrilled with it.