- 12:44 pm Monday, January 25th, 2010 by Jason Lieser
Glades Central senior Clive Walford is one of Palm Beach County’s top basketball stars, but his future is in football.
Walford is off to a strong start on the basketball court after his first varsity football season, though the fact that he is playing through a strained acromioclavicular joint in his right shoulder might be concerning to the University of Miami.
- 1:28 pm Friday, January 15th, 2010 by Jason Lieser
Over the past two years, Glades Central football has led the area in de-commitments and the Raiders could add to that total over the next few weeks.
- 10:24 pm Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 by Jason Lieser
- 12:13 pm Tuesday, September 1st, 2009 by Jason Lieser
Last season’s Glades Central-Dwyer game looked more like mud wrestling than football, and neither side was able to fully unleash its offense. The Raiders took that game 6-0 in four overtimes at Palm Beach Central.
- 1:08 pm Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 by Jason Lieser
Dwyer junior Jacoby Brissett has yet to play a full season at quarterback, but several schools already have promised him a scholarship offer.
- 10:23 am Saturday, August 1st, 2009 by Jason Lieser
Two of Glades Central’s top players are sitting out non-mandatory summer workouts, but coach Jessie Hester expects both to be ready for the Raiders’ season opener at Dwyer.
- 4:56 pm Monday, July 20th, 2009 by Jason Lieser
Glades Central senior Clive Walford, who did not play football last season, gave the University of Miami a verbal commitment Monday. Walford (6-6, 225) is expected to play tight end and defensive end for the Raiders this season.