- 2:27 pm Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 by Matt Porter
Dr. Evan Peck, the sports physician supervising baseline testing for concussions in Palm Beach County, says he’s pleased with the pilot program so far. [More]
- 3:56 pm Thursday, July 26th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Here at PBGametime we regularly report the local news, publish in-depth stories on area figures and even occasionally offer opinions. But we also try to share interesting stories from around the high school sports spectrum, and this one is worth a read.
- 7:25 pm Friday, June 15th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Concerned about the lack of hard knowledge surrounding concussions in its young athletes, the area’s largest Pop Warner football organization this season will require all teams to provide detailed injury reports. [More]
- 3:41 pm Friday, June 15th, 2012 by Matt Porter
As evidence piles up concerning the danger of head injuries in contact sports, the most popular youth football league in America is making a change. [More]
- 9:35 pm Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 by Post Staff
Almost before she knows it, Lisa McHale will have two sons entering high school. In many families like hers, that would be a time for helmets and pads and Friday night lights. The boys’ father, Tom, after all, spent nine seasons in the NFL, finishing his career in 1995 as a guard for the Dolphins.
- 10:21 am Friday, October 22nd, 2010 by Matt Porter
Highly recommended reading this morning if you’re a football parent, player or coach. [More]
- 1:47 pm Saturday, August 14th, 2010 by Matt Porter
Nothing earth-shattering came out of Wednesday’s Palm Beach County Coaches meeting at John I. Leonard, but here are two changes of note: