- 10:59 am Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 by Adam Lichtenstein
Devin Singletary committed to Illinois in November, but when it was time to send his letter of intent, he decided to stay close to home.
The American Heritage halfback, the Post’s Small Schools Offensive Player of the Year, committed to Florida Atlantic over Illinois at a signing ceremony in American Heritage’s gym in Delray Beach on Wednesday.
“It feels great to stay home,” Singletary said. “Why not? Why change my climate? I’ve been playing in this my whole life.”
- 7:00 am Saturday, January 23rd, 2016 by Adam Lichtenstein
The regular season is over and done with, and it’s time for Palm Beach County teams to fight for district titles.
Favorite: Palm Beach Gardens
Prediction: Palm Beach Gardens over Wellington in the final
Semifinal and championship games at Wellington.
(5) Seminole Ridge at (4) Palm Beach Central, 7 p.m.
Seminole Ridge/Palm Beach Central winner vs. (1) Palm Beach Gardens, 6 p.m; (3) Jupiter vs. (2) Wellington, 6 p.m.;
Championship game, 7 p.m.
Favorite: Boca Raton
Prediction: Boca Raton over Lake Worth in the final
Semifinal and championship games at John I. Leonard.
(7) Santaluces at (2) Lake Worth, 7 p.m.
(6) John I. Leonard at (3) Atlantic, 7 p.m.; (5) Park Vista at (4) [More]
- 7:10 pm Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015 by Anthony Chiang
Florida Atlantic continued its recruiting success in Palm Beach County.
American Heritage linebacker Lawrence Graham verbally committed to the Owls on Wednesday. The two-star recruit chose FAU over schools like Army and Colorado State.
“I just really appreciate everything FAU has to offer me,” Graham said. “It’s right in my backyard.”
The 5-foot-10, 214 pound Graham became the first Palm Beach County player to join FAU’s 2016 recruiting class. But if his commitment sticks, he would join the six county players who were part of the Owls’ 2015 recruiting class under head coach Charlie Partridge.
Dwyer quarterback Daniel Parr, Glades Central defensive lineman Steven [More]
- 3:39 pm Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 by Adam Hirshfield
Scroll and click around our interactive map of Palm Beach County for updated football recruiting information on our 2016 Big Board’s top 25 recruits.
- 3:21 pm Thursday, January 8th, 2015 by Adam Hirshfield
- 2:58 pm Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 by Anthony Chiang
The chances of Daniel Parr ending up at Florida Atlantic just got better.
The three-star Dwyer quarterback signed a financial-aid agreement with the Owls this week, which is a strong indication that Parr will enroll at FAU in January. Parr originally committed to the Owls in May. [More]
- 9:54 pm Monday, December 1st, 2014 by Anthony Chiang
After an in-home visit from Florida Atlantic football coaches on Monday evening, Steven Leggett was convinced.
The 2015 Glades Central defensive lineman verbally committed to FAU just hours later, according to Raiders coach Rick Casko. Leggett chose the Owls over schools like Cincinnati, UNC Charlotte and Marshall. [More]
- 11:31 am Thursday, January 16th, 2014 by Anthony Chiang
The NCAA dead period ended on Wednesday at midnight, so the recruiting frenzy is on. [More]
- 12:55 pm Friday, January 10th, 2014 by Anthony Chiang
After leading Dwyer to its second state football title in school history, Dwyer coach Jack Daniels almost left the Panthers. [More]