- 2:36 pm Thursday, October 2nd, 2014 by Anthony Chiang
The state championship usually marks the end of the season for high school football teams.
But that might change very soon. The Florida High School Athletic Association board of directors approved a State Champions Bowl Series proposal this week. [More]
- 1:22 pm Friday, September 26th, 2014 by Jodie Wagner
Lakeland will remain the host of the boys and girls state high school basketball championships for at least the next three years, Florida High School Athletic Association spokesman Corey Sobers said Friday. [More]
- 1:52 pm Friday, May 30th, 2014 by Anthony Chiang
The state football championship games are staying in Orlando for now. [More]
- 3:35 pm Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 by Anthony Chiang
After building an 18-4 record, Lake Worth’s boys soccer team has learned that it won’t be playing in the postseason. [More]
- 3:04 pm Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Boca Raton, St. Andrew’s, Benjamin, Pahokee, American Heritage, Grandview Prep and Lake Worth Christian finished in the top 10 of their respective classifications in the FHSAA’s annual all-sports competition.
- 10:01 am Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Maybe high school sports this fall won’t look that much different after all. [More]
- 11:17 pm Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 by Matt Porter
If you’re headed to the FHSAA Class 3A and 4A state track meets in Jacksonville this weekend, show up early.
That’s because weather concerns caused the FHSAA on Thursday to condense the meets, which are held Friday and Saturday at the University of North Florida.
The meets will begin with 3,200 relay finals at noon and field events at 1 p.m. Instead of holding preliminary heats for running events at 4 p.m., they will begin at 2. The running finals will begin at 4:30 instead of 6:30.
Spectator gates at Hodges Stadium open at 11 a.m.
- 2:51 pm Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Matt Porter
After hearing appeals from several schools across the state, the FHSAA on Friday released its final football districts for the next two years. [More]
- 4:41 pm Friday, December 21st, 2012 by Matt Porter
The FHSAA on Friday released its preliminary football districts for the next two years, and there are interesting new matchups for all of the area’s football teams. Here’s a look. [More]