- 6:12 pm Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 by Matt Porter
A preseason scrimmage has Forest Hill and Suncoast’s baseball teams in trouble with the FHSAA. [More]
- 7:17 am Monday, January 30th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Florida Senate Bill 1704, which aims to make the Sunshine Independent Athletic Association as the governing body for private high school sports in this state, will be discussed by the Senate Education Committee on Monday. [More]
- 4:18 pm Friday, January 20th, 2012 by James @littlenomads
By Jeff Greer and Matt Porter
The Orlando Sentinel reports today that twin bills have been introduced in the Florida House of Representatives and Senate that would drastically change the relationship between the FHSAA and the Sunshine Independent Athletic Association, a young organization formed to support select private and charter schools in Florida. [More]
- 6:53 pm Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 by Matt Porter
For fans who can’t make it to Orlando for the football state championships, the FHSAA will offer live coverage of all games on FHSAASports.com. [More]
- 12:54 pm Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 by Jeff Greer
The Florida High School Athletic Association today announced the creation of its own network that will broadcast live state-level competitions online.
- 1:47 pm Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 by Jeff Greer
Lakeland High could be facing up to $62,500 in fines and other serious penalties for committing major eligibility infractions, the Lakeland Ledger reported this weekend.
- 4:37 pm Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 by Matt Porter
With the upcoming fall season a little less than two months away, the Florida High School Athletic Association will next month send out word to middle school students who hope to play high school sports. [More]
- 1:54 pm Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 by Jeff Greer
Orlando-Dr. Phillips announced today that it would forfeit its entire 2010 football season after a full investigation by Orange County Public Schools revealed that Dr. Phillips had used a player living outside of its district. The FHSAA will accept the forfeits.
- 5:13 pm Thursday, June 9th, 2011 by Matt Porter
The FHSAA announced Thursday which venues for spring sports it has offered contracts. Pending successful contract negotiations, the state series for the following sports could shift to new venues: [More]
- 4:45 pm Friday, April 15th, 2011 by Matt Porter
Now that it’s finally at a point where it can be easily* explained, let’s take a look at the District 9-6A standings and playoff seeds.
*Easy is a relative term, mind you. [More]