- 8:57 pm Sunday, December 9th, 2012 by Matt Porter
“Stick with it this time,” one of Roderick Johnson’s Facebook friends needled him Sunday night. [More]
- 4:23 pm Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Dwyer has one of the best pitchers in the state. One scouting service believes he’s the best lefthander in his graduating class. [More]
- 4:47 pm Friday, November 16th, 2012 by Matt Porter
UPDATE: Derrick Henry broke Ken Hall’s career rushing record Friday night. He topped Hall’s record on a 52-yard touchdown run against Perry-Taylor County in a Class 4A state playoff game. Henry finished the night with 482 yards and six touchdowns on 58 carries. He now has 11,612 yards and 148 TDs in his career.
Taylor had 213 yards and four touchdowns in a Class 2A regional semifinal win over Hialeah-Champagnat Catholic. From freshman year on, Taylor has 10,314 yards. He passed Toney Baker for fifth all-time.
While Henry adds to his new national record, Taylor needs 919 yards to move ahead of Hall for second place.
- 1:16 pm Friday, November 9th, 2012 by Matt Porter
The top girls basketball player in Palm Beach County has made her college decision. [More]
- 2:23 pm Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Greg Bryant, who previously accepted an invite to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, made it official Tuesday in a ceremony at his school. After he pulled on his All-American jersey, he gave clues as to which jersey he’ll be wearing in college. [More]
- 3:40 pm Monday, October 15th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Three girls basketball recruiting notes of area interest recently found on the pages of basketball recruiting website FullCourt.com:
- 12:18 am Friday, October 12th, 2012 by Matt Porter
With 177 rushing yards Thursday, Glades Day senior running back Kelvin Taylor moved up two spots in the national record book.
- 4:12 pm Saturday, September 29th, 2012 by Matt Porter
YULEE — An estimated 4,500 fans and a national television audience got a glimpse of two SEC-bound running backs on Friday night. Yulee’s Derrick Henry, an Alabama commit, overshadowed Glades Day’s Kelvin Taylor (Florida) in a 42-6 win. [More]
- 2:51 pm Monday, September 24th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Give Nick Saban this: he doesn’t surrender easily. [More]