- 3:23 am Saturday, November 17th, 2012 by Matt Porter
After one round of playoff football, the number of Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast teams still alive has been cut in half. [More]
- 4:47 pm Friday, November 16th, 2012 by Matt Porter
UPDATE: Derrick Henry broke Ken Hall’s career rushing record Friday night. He topped Hall’s record on a 52-yard touchdown run against Perry-Taylor County in a Class 4A state playoff game. Henry finished the night with 482 yards and six touchdowns on 58 carries. He now has 11,612 yards and 148 TDs in his career.
Taylor had 213 yards and four touchdowns in a Class 2A regional semifinal win over Hialeah-Champagnat Catholic. From freshman year on, Taylor has 10,314 yards. He passed Toney Baker for fifth all-time.
While Henry adds to his new national record, Taylor needs 919 yards to move ahead of Hall for second place.
- 11:47 pm Monday, November 12th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
On Friday, there are 16 playoff games involving teams from our area. In the buildup to the games, we’ll break down every matchup.
- 4:03 pm Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Every year, the Lou Groza Award is presented to the college kicker of the year. The highlight of the night for local fans is the high school awards ceremony for outstanding Palm Beach County player, kicker, coach and team of the year. [More]
- 7:46 pm Monday, November 5th, 2012 by Matt Porter
The Post is convinced of Atlantic’s legitimacy, but the apparently state preps writers need to see more. [More]
- 7:25 pm Monday, November 5th, 2012 by Matt Porter
We felt pretty confident in last week’s area top 10. Nothing’s changed this week, not our confidence, and certainly not the rankings. Let’s take a look: [More]
- 5:43 pm Friday, November 2nd, 2012 by Matt Porter
“Welcome to another edition of The Walkthrough, I’m Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post here alongside colleague Jeff Greer and ESPN 760 high school beat reporter Wells Dusenbury…” [More]
- 1:35 pm Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Updated Friday, Nov. 2, to reflect Saturday’s results
One final playoff spot in our entire area is up for grabs, and it’s up on the Treasure Coast.
- 8:36 pm Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Not much different in this week’s statewide football poll, though a few local teams are picking up some steam.