- 2:48 pm Saturday, April 27th, 2013 by Matt Porter
Matt Elam was hanging out at Dwyer High on Thursday, watching a regional track meet. His former football coach, Jack Daniels, said Elam left around 7 p.m. He went home to Riviera Beach to watch the NFL Draft with family and friends.
Once Daniels got home that night, he watched the draft until the 26th pick — he fell asleep. Early the next morning, he awoke to news that would make any coach proud.
- 9:39 pm Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 by Jeff Greer
National signing day never disappoints, especially if you enjoy drama.
- 12:32 am Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
On Friday, there are 16 playoff games involving teams from our area. In the buildup to the games, we’ll break down every matchup.
- 1:45 pm Friday, October 19th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Dwyer coach Jack Daniels couldn’t wait to get a look at the film Friday morning. The visual evidence of his team’s first loss of the season, on Thursday to district rival Atlantic, confirmed his long-held, even-handed notion. [More]
- 2:40 am Friday, October 19th, 2012 by Matt Porter
I’ve seen somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 high school football games since joining The Post in 2009. There have been some great ones. I can’t remember one quite like the one that happened on Thursday, when Atlantic pulled off a 28-12 upset of No. 2 Dwyer. [More]
- 6:31 am Saturday, October 6th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Updated Monday, Oct. 8, at 11 a.m.
Dwyer appealed Friday a Florida High School Athletic Association ruling that the school’s football team must forfeit each of its 2011 victories for using an ineligible player, but the verdict stayed firm.
Day 1 of 2012 high school football practice: The Glades, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Dwyer, Palm Beach Central, Seminole Ridge, Wellington, Pahokee
- 10:27 am Monday, August 6th, 2012 by Post Staff
BELLE GLADE — While rain on the first day of practice may not directly improve his team, Glades Central coach Roosevelt Blackmon figured it wouldn’t hurt.
- 7:20 pm Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 by Matt Porter
A future as an Ivy League graduate would have suited Gage Batten. However …
- 11:16 am Saturday, June 9th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Every year, former NFL fullback Heath Evans puts on a 7-on-7 tournament at his alma mater, King’s Academy.
- 5:55 pm Friday, February 3rd, 2012 by Jeff Greer
The Palm Beach County Sports Commission announced Friday the finalists for its annual sports awards, and some familiar names made the list.