- 10:59 am Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 by Jeff Greer
Lloyd Howard won the large-schools rushing title in Palm Beach County last season and attracted scores of college recruiters to Palm Beach Central despite his 5-foot-7 frame.
- 6:38 pm Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 by Matt Porter
The Delray Beach based nonprofit that runs the annual Brandon Flowers 7-on-7 tournament has put together its first high school football all-star game, and the roster looks impressive. [More]
Playoff Primer 2012: In regional semifinals, Seminole Ridge and Palm Beach Central ramp up the rivalry
- 2:10 am Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 by Matt Porter
It’s the game both teams expected to play at some point. Palm Beach Central and Seminole Ridge were slated for a season-opening game in Wellington, but Hurricane Isaac, then a tropical storm, had other plans. Both teams made their way through their districts and one round of the playoffs, and here we are. The symmetry’s nice, but that’s not all that’s special about this one. [More]
- 4:03 pm Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Every year, the Lou Groza Award is presented to the college kicker of the year. The highlight of the night for local fans is the high school awards ceremony for outstanding Palm Beach County player, kicker, coach and team of the year. [More]
- 1:48 pm Monday, October 8th, 2012 by Matt Porter
It looks like the area’s strongest teams are about to get stronger, two mid-tier teams make big statements and and there’s a familiar face back in the mix. Here’s the top 10 heading into Week 7: [More]
- 11:53 pm Friday, September 21st, 2012 by Matt Porter
ROYAL PALM BEACH — It wasn’t a pretty night for football, but playmakers like De’Andre Simmons and Jimmy Moreland didn’t mind. [More]
- 4:22 pm Friday, August 24th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
The season’s opening night started with a bang — and tons of points (at least at Palm Beach Central).
- 11:16 am Saturday, June 9th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Every year, former NFL fullback Heath Evans puts on a 7-on-7 tournament at his alma mater, King’s Academy.
- 12:07 am Thursday, August 25th, 2011 by Jeff Greer
The ball was snapped. Then flags flew and whistles blew. An interception was thrown and a few players kept playing.
Then all hell broke loose.