- 6:29 pm Friday, August 14th, 2009 by Jason Lieser
It’s not official yet, but Boca Raton is moving its Oct. 30 home game against Atlantic to a 4 p.m. kickoff. Bobcats Athletic Director Bill Massey said the school prefers an earlier start time for safety reasons.
- 1:55 pm Monday, August 3rd, 2009 by Jason Lieser
West Virginia already has commitments from two of the area’s top 23 recruits and the Mountaineers have a good chance of landing at least two more.
- 5:22 am Monday, July 27th, 2009 by Jason Lieser
I was out in Pahokee earlier this month and went across the street from the school to survey the new stadium. It looks pretty nice so far, though it still doesn’t appear to have the seating capacity it will need for big games against Atlantic, Dwyer and Glades Central (the Raiders’ first visit will be the 2010 Muck Bowl).
- 1:14 pm Monday, July 20th, 2009 by Jason Lieser
Pahokee senior Raheam Buxton’s career with the Blue Devils has been marked by injury, ineligibility, immaturity, a major position change and a lot of time on the bench.
And now, before he has put together even one solid season, Buxton has a scholarship offer to the University of Miami. Buxton was on the brink of announcing his intent to play for the Hurricanes last week, but canceled those plans in order to visit the campus again. Blue Devils coach Blaze Thompson said today Buxton committed to Miami over the weekend.
- 12:18 am Saturday, December 6th, 2008 by Jason Lieser
The Raiders were one of the most dominant teams in the area this year, going undefeated in the regular season under a new coach. Injuries hit them hard at the end, though, and Glades Central made an early exit in the second round of the playoffs.
Here’s a look back at the Raiders’ 2008 campaign:
- 5:28 pm Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 by Post Staff
- 8:08 pm Monday, November 17th, 2008 by Jason Lieser
- 8:47 am Friday, November 14th, 2008 by Jason Lieser