- 4:47 pm Monday, February 13th, 2012 by Matt Porter
As noted in our season preview, high schools this season will swing BBCOR bats, the standard adopted by colleges last season. The bats are less powerful than the bats used in recent years. The goal is to make them perform like wood.
It’s the latest step in baseball’s tango with bat technology. [More]
- 2:28 pm Thursday, January 26th, 2012 by Jeff Greer
Santaluces defensive back Soniel Estime will sign with Illinois State at Wednesday signing ceremony, Santaluces coach Daryl Drinkwater said.
- 10:22 am Thursday, January 19th, 2012 by Matt Porter
Miami’s junior day last Saturday attracted many of the state’s top Class of 2013’ers. One of them, Atlantic defensive tackle Keith Bryant, decided to pledge right then and there. [More]
- 2:18 pm Monday, November 14th, 2011 by Matt Porter
After Spanish River’s most successful season in recent memory, head coach Ray Berger resigned.
Berger, who will remain a physical education teacher at the Boca Raton school, informed the school’s administration of his decision Monday morning. [More]
- 11:36 am Thursday, September 8th, 2011 by Matt Porter
The first University of Alabama-Birmingham bowling squad, which gets rolling next month, includes Santaluces grad Marissa Ferreira. [More]
- 12:38 pm Monday, August 15th, 2011 by Matt Porter
The Florida Gators lost two standout high school pitchers on Monday, as former Santaluces right-hander Kyle Smith and West Boca Raton right-hander Michael Kelly reached deals with the pro clubs that drafted them in June. [More]
- 6:42 pm Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 by Matt Porter
Updated Monday, July 25 at 1:07 p.m. | Tyler Greene was disappointed he fell in the June MLB Draft, but the Philadelphia Phillies made it up to him. [More]
- 11:50 am Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 by Jeff Greer
Santaluces guard Jeff Romeus will attend Allen County Community College in Iola, Kan., this fall.
- 5:30 pm Tuesday, June 7th, 2011 by Matt Porter
The advisor for local draftees Michael Kelly and Kyle Smith expects both will choose scholarships over signing bonuses. [More]
- 12:44 pm Tuesday, June 7th, 2011 by Matt Porter
Santaluces grad Kyle Smith became the second Palm Beach County player chosen in this year’s MLB Draft, going 126th overall to the Kansas City Royals. [More]